Pages

April 20, 2010

Link Hopping Tuesday

First, thank you all for your kind words and heart-felt sentiments yesterday. They cheered me. : )

* * *

Second, some special shout-outs/thank yous...

I've received some awards in the past few weeks and though I've given my appropriate thanks on the award-givers' blogs, I am terrible at passing the awards themselves around. No particular reason ... just don't really feel like it ... don't hate me. I love giving (and getting) shout outs! I am all about promoting other writers (novice, intermediate, advanced, it doesn't matter). But the awards themselves make me tired for some reason... : ) That being said... I am going to publicly thank those people now who gave me an award recently:

Shannon O'Donnell at Book Dreaming -- She always has great words of inspiration and wisdom just when I need them most.

Jon Paul over at Where Sky Meets Ground -- Humor, moments of wit and wisdom, videos and pictures ... He's got all the bases covered.

Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment at a Time -- A fellow lit fic writer!!!

Jen Bee-- She's from the UK and that in and of itself is awesome enough for me to be blog friends with her.

Bonnie at The Muse 30-- Bonnie is a new follower for me... and I don't know very much about her (*yet*), but so far I think she's great!! : )

Thank you all for sending award love my way. I appreciate it! I really do!

* * *

Third... Caroline Starr Rose is challenging her readers to read 5 novels-in-verse by the end of 2010. And I am all in for this one!!! My 5? Want to know?

Sharp Teeth -- Toby Barlow
Three Rivers Rising -- Jame Richards
Chasing Brooklyn -- Lisa Schroeder
Autobiography of Red -- Anne Carson
Burned -- Ellen Hopkins

What about you, dear reader? You in?

* * *

Finally ... two links on writing ...
  • The Huffington Post's article about why some authors fail. Perhaps by reading this we can learn how to succeed.
  • On May 6th Chuck Sambuchino over at A Guide To Literary Agents will be running a webinar on Novel Queries and Pitches. From the looks of things, he'll be offering so valuable critiques.
All right, dear reader, back to work!

12 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Those look like two super-great links today, Valerie - thanks.

Congrats on your many awards! :-)

paulgreci said...

I've read that Huff post article. It was a good one that I also passed around.

Congrats on all the awards!!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Wow, you're on the ball. I need to find books 2-5.

Happy you're participating!

Valerie Geary said...

C- I had 3 of those already on my to-be-read list... finding 2 more was pretty easy! :) I need to get a little poetry back in my life... so I'm excited to get started!!

Talli Roland said...

Congrats on the award and to those who received them! Happy Tuesday.

Kanta said...

Kantahanan is the home of every song. The word kantahanan is derived from the tagalog words "Kanta" which means "Song" and "Tahanan" which means "Home".

A Piece said...

A Piece of Idea - Thoughts of a Man, a Blogger, a Webmaster, and a Friend. Learn simple tips from a simple blogger.

Hapi said...

You have a great favicon here. You might want to change that into your own icon. Here is my tip on Favicon and Blogger: How to change favicon in Blogger.I also have this list of Cool Favicons for you to use. Enjoy!

Valerie Geary said...

Oooo look everyone!!! Spammers!!!!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the awards :)

Thanks for the links too!

Jon Paul said...

Wow!--I always wondered what the tagalog word for "song" was. Now I know!

Seriously, thanks for the mention, happy to see you back on your game, and thanks for the links. I'm off to check them out.

KLM said...

I feel the same way about blog awards. Love gettin' 'em, hate givin' out. I feel kind of weird about it. I feel like I'm sending a chain letter or something.

But I do need to do a pure promo post for the good of other bloggers soon. Hmmm... I'm getting an idea already on how I can best achieve my blog goals while remaining true to my commitment to laziness. Stay tuned....