6. I don't like the cover. It reminds me of Snow White. Not that I have anything against Snow White. Wait. Actually... I do have a lot against Snow White. She's my least favorite Disney princess and I hate the way she sings.
5. It's too heavy. Literally. I almost checked it out from the library a few months ago when I was reading a bunch of YA books. But when I took it off the shelf, I was like: "Arms failing...not strong enough...must let go...before muscles snap..." I've read some tomes in my day (Norton's Anthology of English Literature, anyone?), but that was back when I was full of youthful vigor and still thought exercise was fun.
4. I'm not an avid reader of Young Adult books. Even when I was a young adult, you would most likely have found me in the general fiction section (or adult fiction if I was at the library). What can I say? I'm a sucker for big words no one ever uses in normal life.
3. So many books, so little time. According to Goodreads, I have 177 books "to-read". For me, that's about 2 years worth of reading. And the list is always growing. Maybe if I was stranded on a deserted island and the only book available was TWILIGHT? Yes. Maybe then.
2. Robert Pattinson. Here is a perfect reason why movies ruin books. Don't get me wrong... for the most part, I enjoy books made into films, but normally I like to read the book way before I ever see the movie. Because I know the book is going to be better. Plus, I'd like to imagine the characters on my own without the help of a young Hollywood starlet thank-you-very-much. So back to TWILIGHT. I think Robert Pattinson is fugly. He gives me the creeps and because his face is now plastered on everything (see coffee mug below) I just don't think I can read TWILIGHT without imagining him brooding and squinting at me through the pages.
And the number one reason I still haven't read TWILIGHT?
1. I just really don't like vampires. I think their pansies. I mean... come on... they're afraid of garlic and sunlight. Know what's really scary? Flesh-eating bacteria. Just saying...